Whether you want to become an operations engineer or operations technician, JJC will prepare you with the skills you need to land one of these stable, well-paying, challenging careers.
How to Become a JJC OET Student
- First apply to JJC for free.
- After that, fill out our free OET application during the application period in February.
- JJC's OET program has selective admissions. This means you should apply as soon as possible.
What Will I Learn?
Depending on the path you want to take, you'll learn skills for the following careers.
- Monitor and operate plant equipment used in the petrochemical, nuclear and manufacturing industry
- Evaluate the unit's operating status
- Perform troubleshooting of processes and equipment in order to maximize unit reliability and quality production
- Earning Potential: $65,000-$95,000 per year
- Job Outlook: Projected 5.2% increase in positions from 2020-2026 within JJC's local district/region (EMSI Data Set)
- Maintain and repair equipment and other industrial machinery (like conveying systems, production machinery, and packaging equipment)
- Install, dismantle, repair, reassemble and move machinery in manufacturing facilities and power plants.
- Earning Potential: $45,000-$75,000 per year
- Job Outlook: Projected 19% increase in positions from 2020-2030 (faster than the average for all occupations in the U.S.)
Many jobs require a background check, and workers are subject to drug and alcohol screenings.
What Degree / Certificate Will I Receive?
Operations Engineer Degree
Operations Engineer Certificate
Operations Technician Degree
Operations Technician Certificate
A Special Thank You
A special thank you to the following companies for partnering with JJC and supporting the OET program: Aux Sable, CITGO, Exelon Generation, LyondellBasell and TC Energy. For more information, email email@example.com.