JJC's online application is completely free. For a list of next steps after applying, visit our Admitted Students page.
Application for New and Former Students
New students, new students with earned college credit, former students or veterans/military members should fill out our general admissions application.
Application for Undocumented or DACA Students
Summer, and Fall 2022 Applicants
- DACA Students: If you have an official assigned social security number, complete the general admissions application.
- Undocumented Students: Begin the general admissions application. Call the Admissions Office at (815) 280-2493 for an alternative number to enter on the social security number page.
Application for Dual Credit Students
Application for Early Entry Students
If you're still in high school and under age 17, you can apply to take classes at JJC early. First, fill out our Early Entry form, then fill out our JJC general admissions application.
Application for International F-1 Visa Holders
For students who are seeking or currently hold an F-1 student visa, please refer to our International Students page for instructions. Questions? Call (815) 280-2870.
Special Admissions (Nursing, Rad Tech, Sonography, Vet Tech)
Students who want to study nursing, radiologic technology, sonography or veterinary medical technology need to fill out a second application to get into their program. Visit our Admissions page and find the "Health and Occupational Science Students" section to learn more.
Not Sure Which Category You Fall Under?
Visit our Admissions page. Refer to the "Who Are You" section to learn about how you should approach our application.
Online Application Help
Online Application Requirements
- You are required to use your social security number to apply. This is the best way to identify you. It is especially important for processing and maintaining accurate educational records. Your social security number is restricted to internal college use. JJC cannot use your social security number to match your application with test scores, financial aid or maintenance of your academic record. If you do not have a social security number, call (815) 280-2493 for an alternative number.
- You can only submit ONE application per term. Additional attempts will be denied.
- Do not use "None" or "N/A" (not applicable) in completing field information. For example: If you do not have a middle name, leave that field blank.
Next Steps After Applying
Visit Our Admitted Students Page
Everything that you need know about becoming a JJC student can be found on our Admitted Students page, including:
- How to look up your JJC username and set up your password
- How to submit high school or other transcripts
- How to take a placement test
- How to view the New Student Presentation and meet with an advisor
- How to complete the FAFSA
- How to register for classes
- How to make your payment
- And more
How to Look Up Your JJC Username & Set Up Your Password (Admitted Student Step 1)