Located in the south Chicago suburbs, Joliet Junior College is the nation’s first public community college. JJC is made up of six campuses and education centers and serves approximately 27,000 students each year.
The very first JJC classes took place at Joliet Township High School in 1901. Serving only six students, JJC's humble beginnings eventually transformed into a legacy that has lasted more than a century.
Save Thousands on College
Our students deserve an education that they can afford. At JJC, we offer:
- Affordable tuition rates
- Financial help opportunities, such as payment plans, student emergency funds and more
- $750,000 in scholarships each year
JJC offers nine academic pathways:
- Agricultural Sciences & Veterinary Technology
- Architecture, Manufacturing & Automotive
- Business, Finance & Information Technology
- Culinary, Hospitality & Tourism
- Health, Public Safety & Human Services
- Liberal & Fine Arts
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Workforce & Training
JJC students can choose to transfer to any school they want - near or far! Our advisors will help guide students in choosing the right classes for transfer. In addition, our special agreements with universities make it easy for students to earn their bachelor's degrees.
Get Started Now
JJC welcomes all students. We can't wait to meet you!