Jump to Header Jump to Main Content Jump to Footer
Office of the Registrar

Office of the Registrar

Students can find information pertaining to Graduation, Records, Registration, Transcripts, and Transfer Credit Evaluation within the Registrar's Office. The Registrar's Office is responsible for the collection, administration, maintenance, processing, and distribution of information.

About Us

The Registrar's Office supports instruction by conducting registration, recording grades, maintaining permanent records, enrollment verification, driving restrictions, name changes, loan deferments, independent studies, tenth day/midterm reporting, FERPA, issuing diplomas and transcripts, based on college policy, state and federal laws, and is involved in the interpretation of academic policies as they relate to students. 

Our college's vision of being our community's first choice is the driving force behind our office. We are located in both the Main Campus in Joliet as well as in Romeoville. We are staffed with experienced and knowledgeable team members who can assist students, staff, faculty, and the community. 

Important Dates & Deadlines

  • 2018 Fall Graduation deadline has been extended to November 26, 2018
  • 2019 spring general registration is now in progress
  • 2019 extended hours will be in effect for the week of January 7 & January 14. Our office hours during these dates will be: 
    • Monday to Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
    • Friday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
    • JJC will be open on Saturday, January 12 from 9 a.m.- 2 p.m.
  • Academic Calendar
Register Now For Spring 2019

Additional Information

  • Contact Us

    Graduation Office
    Phone: 815-280-6671
    Email:  GraduationOffice@jjc.edu

    Records Office
    Phone:  815-280-6868
    Email:    wwwrecords@jjc.edu

    Registration Office
    Phone:  815-744-2200
    Email:    wwwreg@jjc.edu

    Transcripts Office
    Phone:  815-280-2743
    Email:   transcriptsinfo@jjc.edu

  • Procedure for General Petition

    Purpose: To provide students the option to appeal for a late refund, tuition credit, and or a late withdrawal due to extenuating circumstances.  

    Extenuating circumstances may not include: Change of employment or work hours, transportation issues, vacations, incarceration, relocation, or moving.  

    Students requesting a general petition must complete a general petition form available online

    The petition process is a two-tier process, the decision of the petition committee is final and cannot be appealed. 

    Note: Your petition appeal goes before a committee for review and may take three to four weeks before you hear the results of their decision.

    Note: General petitions are not always granted.


    1. In order for petitions to receive consideration they should be for current or the immediate previous semester.  
    2. All refund requests, due to extenuating circumstances must be accompanied with supporting documentation. Any medical documentation must be on physician's stationary. Refunds will be disbursed back to the original payment method at the time of registering for the course. 
    3. A Late Withdrawal Petition, due to extenuating circumstances, must be accompanied with supporting documentation and can only be filed one week after the last day to drop a course (s) in the current semester in which you are appealing. 
    4. Petitions must be filed online. You will have 10 business days to submit documentation to the appropriate office. If documentation is not received by the deadline the petition will be denied. 
    5. Notification of the committee decision will be sent to your JJC email account.  

  • JJC Transcripts

    Joliet Junior College Main Campus
    In-Person (immediate pick-up): $15.00

    Credentials Solutions
    Online: $9.00
    Operated Assisted Toll Free Number (800) 646-1858: $24.00

    Online Transcript Request

    In Person - Immediate Pick-Up Only

    The Joliet Junior College transcript window will only be handling immediate pick-ups. All other requests must be processed online.

    When picking up your transcript the student will be required to do the following:

    1. Make payment of $15.00 at the Student Accounts and Payments Window (Campus Center Enrollment Center, A-1020)

    2. Upon receiving a receipt for payment, students must walk over to Registration located next to the payment window (Campus Center Enrollment Center, A-1020) and produce their paid receipt so the transcript requests can be processed. A photo ID is required when picking up your transcript.
    3. All restrictive holds on a student's record must be cleared before a transcript is released.

    If a student wishes to have someone else pick up the transcript he/she must request the transcript in writing, authorizing that person to pickup the transcript for them. The person picking up the transcript must show Photo ID.

    Telephone Transcript Request

    Joliet Junior College has retained Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders by telephone. Please call Credentials Inc. at (800) 646-1858.

    Requesting Records Prior to 1976

    For classes that were taken prior to 1976, records are maintained on microfilm. The microfilm is stored in the vault and the Records Office needs 24 to 36 hours to locate the appropriate microfilm and process it for your transcript.

  • Transfer Credit Evaluation

    For questions on transferring to JJC, contact us at transfercredit@jjc.edu.

    Students that are transferring from other colleges who want their credits evaluated for a certificate or degree from JJC must take the following steps.

    1. Make sure you have a JJC application for admission on file with the Admissions Office.
    2. Request your official transcripts from the college(s) you have previously attended be sent to: Joliet Junior College, Transfer Credit Evaluation Office, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet, IL 60431-8938. JJC does accept electronic transcripts at transfercredit@jjc.edu.
    3. Complete a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request FormThis form is for college transcripts only.
    4. View your academic summary on eResources in approximately four to six weeks for your evaluated transfer credit and the JJC equivalencies.

    For information on the admissions process, see the Transfer Information page

    Note: JJC does not accept faxed transcripts.

    Advanced Placement and CLEP

    Advanced placement can be attained by taking examinations in the Advanced Placement program sponsored by the College Board. The results of these tests form the basis for awarding college credit to those students who have passed one or more tests with satisfactory grades. Students who have taken these examinations should request that their official scores be sent to the academic credentials analyst in the Registration and Records office.

    Students that have completed an Advanced Placement (AP) and/or CLEP exam and want their credits transferred to JJC must take the following steps.

    1. Make sure you have a JJC application for admission on file with the Admissions Office as well as an "active" JJC "username" and "password."
    2. Request your official score report from College Board to be sent to: Joliet Junior College, Transfer Credit Evaluation, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet, IL 60431-8939.

    Transfer credit will only be given based on official score reports sent directly from College Board.

    Note: JJC does not accept faxed transcripts or unofficial transcripts for evaluation.

    AP Exams & Course Equivalents

  • Priority Registration

    Priority Registration has begun. Emails were sent to qualified students via their JJC email box beginning October 3, 2018.

    General Registration for Spring 2019 started on October 22nd, 2018.

    Priority Registration is for:
    • Students who are currently enrolled in a credit class.
    • Students who have no current restrictions and/or financial obligations to the college.

  • Forms

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Records and Transcripts FAQ

    How do I get my grades?

    You can print a final grade report from MyJJC.

    Where can I print out my schedule?

    You can print your class schedule via MyJJC.

    Where can I get a copy of all the classes that I've taken without paying for an official transcript?

    Former Students (Unofficial Transcripts)

    Unofficial transcripts can be obtained at no cost in person either at Main or Romeoville campus upon showing a photo ID.

    If the record has a hold please refer to Restrictive/750 holds for further instructions.

    Current Students (Unofficial Transcripts)

    Current students can view and print their unofficial transcript on:
    MyJJC > Self-Service Menu > View academic profile > Unofficial Transcript.

    If the record has a hold please refer to Restrictive/750 holds for further instructions.

    Restrictive/750 Holds

    A hold(s) may be place on a student’s record for various reasons such as financial obligations, academic and/or disciplinary reasons. These types of holds will prevent students from obtaining unofficial or official transcripts.

    For additional information, student who has a 750 hold(s) needs to contact the department which has placed the restriction/hold. The transcript will NOT be released until the hold is resolved.

    If the student has unresolved restrictive hold(s), the student may still maintain the right to review his/her unofficial transcript in-person. The student should submit the Student request to inspect and review education records form to:

       Office of the Registrar
       Joliet Junior College
       1215 Houbolt Rd.
       Joliet, IL 60431

    In addition, the student does not have the right to a photo copy, or to copy the educational record during the inspection. For more information, please visit FERPA Information and Forms.

    An unofficial transcript may be obtained from MyJJC.

    The Unofficial Transcript is a semester by semester printout of all the classes that the student has taken and the grades received. The Unofficial Transcript shows grade point average semester by semester as well as current grade point average. The results of placement test scores, transcript evaluation from other colleges and other testing information may also be indicated on the unofficial transcript..

    Will my "D" grades earned at another college be accepted at Joliet Junior College?

    If the student’s cumulative GPA is less than 2.0 at a previously attended institution, credit may be transferred for courses earning credit and successfully completed with grade of “C” or above.

    How does Joliet Junior College view repeat grades?

    The Joliet Junior College transcript reflects all the course work completed at the college. Only the repeat grade is calculated into the GPA. Both the original and repeat grade course grades remain on the transcript; however it will reflect that the original class was repeated.

    How do senior college/universities view a repeat grade?

    It varies depending upon the college. Some colleges average the two grades on a repeat. Consult the college catalog or the college admissions representative for information 

What's happening at JJC

Make Joliet Junior College your first choice.