Financial Aid

Due to FAFSA simplification delays, the Department of Education recently started sending the FAFSA results to schools. At this time, schools are unable to make corrections to student FAFSAs. Visit if you need to make corrections to your FAFSA.

Instructions for some common FAFSA corrections are available at:

At JJC, we are working hard to begin delivering award notifications to students in the first half of May. Please continue monitoring your JJC student email and/or Financial Aid Self-Service ( for updates.

More information is available at:


2024-2025 Financial Aid Applications are Now Available!     

Get all the details on JJC's FAFSA webpage. 

Pro Tips for the 2024-2025 FAFSA

What can you do in the meantime?

Each FAFSA contributor will have to create their FSA ID username and password so they are prepared. 

How to create a FSA ID username and password.

Application assistance is also available from the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC):

Get FAFSA Help Now

Financial Aid Deadlines & Announcements
Información en Español

  • Instructions for Virtual Appointments

    Current Students

    Virtual Video Appointment via Microsoft Teams

    1. Call (815) 280-2528 to schedule your appointment.
    2. To access your appointment, log in to MyJJC to get to your JJC student email. The information about your appointment will be emailed to you. (Can't log in to MyJJC? Refer back to the Technical Resources page for login help.)
    3. On the day of your appointment, find the email we have sent to you and click on the Microsoft Teams link. You can also access the appointment through the Microsoft Teams App.

    View Printable Virtual Instructions

    All Other Inquiries 

    FAFSA Completion Video Appointment via Microsoft Teams

    1. Call (815) 280-2528 to schedule your appointment. The information about your appointment will be emailed to you.
    2. Watch our Financial Aid Help videos.
    3. Create an FSA ID at If you are considered a dependent student, your parent will also need to create their own FSA ID. 
    4. Gather these documents:
      • Social Security number (SSN) or Alien Registration number
        • If your parent(s) are unable to enter a valid SSN, they must enter 000-00-0000 when completing the FAFSA.
      • Federal tax information or tax returns, including W-2 info
      • Records of other untaxed income received, such as child support, interest income, etc. 
      • Current asset information, such as cash balance, savings and checking account balances, investments, etc.
      • If you are a dependent student, you need these documents for you and your parent(s). If you are a married student, you need these documents for you and your spouse.
    5. Complete as much of the FAFSA ( as you can on your own.
    6. On the day of your appointment, find the email we have sent to you and click on the Microsoft Teams link. You can also access the appointment through the Microsoft Teams App.

    View Printable Virtual Instructions

On-Demand Video Tutorials 

Paid Job Opportunities to Help with JJC Tuition

  • America Reads Program - Apply Now to Become a Tutor

    Apply today for a paid opportunity to tutor children (kindergarten to middle school) in reading and math. 

    To qualify as a tutor, you must:

    • Fill out a FAFSA application
    • Be eligible for federal work study (determined by the Financial Aid)
    • Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
    • Have reliable transportation to get to off-campus locations
    • Enjoy working with children
    • Be enrolled in six or more credit hours required for your JJC declared major

    Ready to Apply?

    Candice Todd
    Phone: (815) 280-2235

  • On-Campus Student Jobs

    Visit our Student Employment page to view and apply for on-campus jobs. All jobs will work around your school schedule.


    • Be enrolled in six or more credit hours
    • Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0  

    Ready to apply?

    Visit our Student Jobs webpage

    Career Services
    Phone: (815) 280-2756

  • Off-Campus Student Jobs

    Student jobs are also available off-campus.

    • All jobs will work around your school schedule
    • A good way to explore your field of study while gaining work experience


    • Be enrolled in six or more credit hours required for your JJC declared major
    • Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
    • Fill out a FAFSA Application
    • Be eligible for federal work study (determined by the Financial Aid Office)

    Positions include jobs at locations such as:

    • Elementary schools
    • Libraries
    • Boys and Girls Clubs
    • MorningStar Mission,
    • River Walk Homes 
    • Spanish Community Center
    • And more!

    Ready to Apply?

    • Contact Candice Todd or Tim Czuba.
    • Send your resume and cover letter to Tim Czuba. (Need help with your resume? You can also make an appointment with Tim.)

    Candice Todd
    Phone: (815) 280-2235

    Tim Czuba
    Phone: (815) 280-2980

Access Your Financial Aid Information

You can access your financial aid information on Financial Aid Self-Service by logging in to MyJJC and visiting the Self-Service menu. Items you can access include:

  • Information about missing documents
  • Student Accounts and Payments status
  • Award letters
  • And more

How to Submit Missing Documents

Include your name and student ID on each document. To protect your privacy, documents with Personally Identifiable Information such as social security number, address, or date of birth, should not be emailed.

Questions? Watch our Financial Aid Self-Service video.

Financial Aid Information

  • Applying for Financial Aid

    Tutorial Videos
    Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

    All students who want to be considered for federal financial aid must submit a FAFSA at (Joliet Junior College Federal School Code: 001699) as early as possible after Oct. 1 preceding the academic year for which you wish to be considered for aid.

    Create an FSA ID prior to completing your FAFSA for both student and parent. Keep this for your records, as you will need this every year to renew your FAFSA.

    If you are unable to provide parental data on your FAFSA due to unusual circumstances and wish to have your FAFSA reviewed as an 'Independent' student, contact our office to discuss your situation and request an "Unusual Circumstances Dependency Appeal Form".

    If you, or your parent(s), have had a significant reduction in household income due to job loss, death, or divorce in the past two years, you may qualify for a financial aid adjustment. Contact our office to discuss if you are eligible to complete the "Special Circumstances Income Adjustment" appeal form.

    Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid (RISE Act)

    Students who are Illinois residents and ineligible to complete the FAFSA (such as undocumented students), should submit the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid at as early as possible after Oct. 1 preceding the academic year for which you wish to be considered for aid.

    What happens next?
    1. A week after you submit your financial aid application, check MyJJC/Financial Aid Self-Service or your JJC student email account for a list of requested documents.
    2. Submit all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office. Note priority deadlines.
    3. Award notifications are emailed and award details can be viewed on MyJJC/Financial Aid Self-Service.

  • Types of Financial Aid

    Federal Pell Grant

    Federal Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who have not yet earned a bachelor's or a professional degree. Pell Grants are based on financial need as demonstrated on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

    Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

    The FSEOG is for undergraduates with exceptional financial need; students who receive Federal Pell Grants have priority. FSEOGs are awarded by a college's financial aid office based on information in the FAFSA.

    Monetary Award Program (MAP)

    The Monetary Award Program (MAP) provides grants, which do not need to be repaid, to Illinois residents who attend approved Illinois colleges and demonstrate financial need, based on the information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

    Retention of Illinois Students and Equity (RISE) Act

    The RISE Act is a new law that will enable some students who were previously ineligible for State of Illinois financial aid (i.e. MAP grants) to receive aid. This includes:

    • Undocumented students who are residents of the State of Illinois..
    • Undergraduate students who may be in good academic standing but have lost their Monetary Award Program (MAP) funding because they have not reached junior standing after using 75 MAP funded credit hours.

    Additional RISE Act/Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid Information

    ISAC Student Portal
    Apply for and check the status of your financial aid programs. Find application and information for Illinois Student Assistance Commision (ISAC) and other State of Illinois programs.

    Federal Work Study

    Federal Work-Study provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study.




  • Loans

    Federal Direct Student Loans are one form of student aid from the federal government. Under the Federal Direct Student Loan program students borrow money for school from the federal government. The Financial Aid Office encourages students to evaluate loan options carefully, borrow only what is really needed and remember that loans must be repaid.

    Types of Direct Loans Available:
    Direct Subsidized Loans
    • You will not be charged interest until you begin repayment on subsidized loans.
    • Repayment begins six months after you graduate or cease to be enrolled at least half-time (including leaves of absence).
    Direct Unsubsidized Loans
    • Interest accrues and must be paid or capitalized while you are still in school and/or during periods of deferment.
    • Apply for a Direct Student Loan.

    Direct Parent PLUS Loans
    • PLUS Loans are federal loans that parents of dependent students can use to help pay for college..
    • Parent must not have an adverse credit history.
    • If parent is denied, the student may qualify for additional unsubsidized loans.
    •  Apply for a Direct Parent PLUS Loan - Please do not apply online. If interested in applying for a Direct Parent PLUS Loan, contact the Financial Aid Office.

    Helpful Links

  • Managing Your Account

    Financial Aid Self-Service

    First, watch our video to learn how to manage your account within Financial Aid Self-Service.

    The Financial Aid Office utilizes MyJJC/Financial Aid Self-Service to provide our students with a secure system to manage their student accounts online in real time. Begin by logging on to MyJJC/Financial Aid Self-Service in order to view:

    1. Current information about your financial aid
    2. Requested and missing documents
    3. Award letters and award details
    4. Accurate account balance
    5. Satisfactory Academic Progress

    Books, Supplies, & Meal Plans

    After financial aid funds are applied to tuition and fees, excess funds can be used to purchase books, supplies, and meal plans. To confirm fund availability, login to your MyJJC/Financial Aid Self-Service and click on Account Activity. Money available for books/supplies/meal plan will appear as a credit in a negative figure. Books and supplies may be purchased at the JJC Bookstore or Joliet Textbook Inc. Meal plans may be purchased at the JJC Cafeteria. A copy of your schedule and JJC Student ID are required for purchase.

  • Policy and Procedures

    1. Financial Aid Handbook (PDF)

    2. Code of Conduct for Educational Loans

    • Joliet Junior College, as a member of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) adheres to the standards established in NASFAA's "Statement of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals", found at In addition, the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 requires institutions of higher education participating in the administration of educational loan programs to develop and publish a Code of Conduct. Any Joliet Junior College employee who has responsibilities with respect to student educational loans is required to comply with this Code of Conduct as outlined below.

      Joliet Junior College does not maintain a preferred lender list for private student loans, nor does it maintain any other lists of lenders. We encourage students to pursue federal and state financial aid and actively discourage the borrowing of private student loans.
    • The College shall not enter into any revenue-sharing arrangement with any lender.
    • No officer or employee of the College who is employed in the Financial Aid Office of the College or who otherwise has responsibilities with respect to education loans shall solicit or accept any gift, gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan, or other item having a monetary value of more than a de minimus (normal) amount from a lender, guarantor, or servicer of education loans.
    • An employee who is employed in the Financial Aid Office of the College or who otherwise has responsibilities with respect to education loans shall not accept from any lender or affiliate of any lender any fee, payment, or other financial benefit as compensation for any type of consulting arrangement or other contract to provide services to a lender or on behalf of a lender relating to education loans.
    • The College shall not request or accept from any lender any offer of funds to be used for private education loans including funds for an opportunity pool loan, to students in exchange for the College providing concessions or promises regarding providing the lender with specified loan number or volume or a preferred lender arrangement for educational loans.
    • The College shall not request or accept from any lender any assistance with call center staffing or Financial Aid Office staffing.
    • An employee who is employed in the Financial Aid Office, or who otherwise has responsibilities with respect to education loans or other student financial aid of the college, and who serves on an advisory board, commission, or group established by a lender, guarantor, or group of lenders or guarantors, shall be prohibited from receiving anything of value from the lender, guarantor, or group of lenders or guarantors, except that the employee may be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred in serving on such advisory board, commission, or group

    3. Eligible Programs

    An eligible program is one which leads to a degree or certificate which is at least 15 weeks in length and 16 credit hours and has been approved by the Department of Education for Title IV eligibility.

    Review the program list to determine if your program is 
    'Title IV Eligible'.

    Active Degree and Certificate Programs Offered in 2024-2025

    Eligible programs are subject to change without notice. It is the student's responsibility to verify with the Financial Aid/Veterans Office the he/she is enrolled in an eligible program for financial aid.

    4. R2T4

    If a student withdraws from Joliet Junior College, then the school or the student may be required to return some of the federal funds awarded to the student. The student may also be eligible for a refund of a portion of the tuition and fees paid to Joliet Junior College.

    Title IV Refunds concern any amount awarded through Title IV financial aid. For information on Joliet Junior College's tuition refund policy, please see the refund policy page, in the registration section of JJC's website.

    Federal Formula

    The federal formula requires a return of Title IV aid if the student received federal financial assistance in the form of a Pell Grant, Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, Federal Direct Student Loan, or PLUS loan and withdrew on or before completing 60% of the semester. The percentage of Title IV aid to be returned is equal to the number of calendar days remaining in the semester divided by the number of calendar days in the semester. Scheduled breaks of more than four consecutive days are excluded.

    Joliet Junior College's Refund Policy exists for calculating the refund of institutional charges. The federal "Return of Title IV Funds" formula dictates the amount of federal Title IV aid that must be returned to the federal government by the school and the student. The policy evaluates the amount of financial aid the student "earned" up to the point of withdrawal. The federal formula is applicable to a student receiving federal aid other than Federal Work-Study if that student withdraws on or before the 60% point in time in the semester.

    Visit with a Financial Aid Adviser

    Refunds are processed automatically by the Financial Aid Office once a student withdraws; no appointment is necessary for the process to occur. However, if a student has questions about the Title IV Refund Policy that has not been answered on the Web site, they are encouraged to meet with a financial aid adviser. Call the financial aid office at (815) 280-2528 to schedule an appointment.

    It is also recommended that the student consult with an academic counselor/adviser of their intention to withdraw. View the Student Advising Center page for more information.

    5. Consumer Info

    Federal regulations require that institutions provide specific consumer information to current students, prospective students and employees about the school and financial aid. All of the required disclosure information can be found through the links provided below. This information may also be obtained by contacting the Vice President of Student Development Office at (815) 280-6690.

    Federal College Navigator

    • Privacy of Student Records – Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

      The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, sets forth requirements designed to protect the privacy of student education records. FERPA governs 1) release of education records, and 2) access to education records. More information can be found in the college catalog and on FERPA.

    • Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities

      Information regarding facilities and support services for students with disabilities are provided in a variety of college publications including the college catalog and Disability Services.

    • Statement of Nondiscrimination

    JJC is comitted to nondiscrimination and diversity, equity, and  inclusion in all areas of the college, in alignment with Board Policy 02.01.13 Equal Opportunity in Employment and Education. Joliet Junior College is committed to equal opportunity in employment, employment actions, and in the administration of educational programs, admission of students, athletics or other sponsored activities. The College complies in letter and spirit with appropriate federal and state legislation, including but not limited to Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Tile IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972, and the Equal Educational Opportunities Act of 1974.      

    • Student Diversity

      Information regarding student body diversity, including percentage of enrolled, full-time students in the following categories: male, female, self-identified members of a major racial or ethnic group and Federal Pell Grant recipients, can be found on the Department of Education College Navigator website.

    • Price of Attendance

      The most current information regarding tuition, fees, and refunds is available on the Tuition webpage.

    • Academic Programs

      Information about academic programs, including current degree programs, educational and training programs, and faculty and other instructional personnel is available on the Academics web page.

    • Accreditation, Approval and Licensure of Institution and Programs

      Joliet Junior College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Il 60602-2504, (312) 263-0456. Courses and programs are approved through the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB), the Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) and the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) as appropriate. Additional information, including specialized accreditation, is available in the printed college catalog and the Institutional Research and Effectiveness web page.

    • Copyright Infringement – Policies and Sanctions

      Information pertaining to copyright infringement policies and sanctions can be found on Student Rights & Responsibilities. Information about computer use can be found in the Responsible Use of Information Technology policy.

    • Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations

      If you have lost federal student aid eligibility due to a drug conviction, you can regain eligibility if you pass two unannounced drug tests conducted by a drug rehabilitation program that complies with criteria established by the U.S. Department of Education.

    • Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program

      In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, Joliet Junior College must inform students and employees of the college policies regarding drug and alcohol use. More information can be found on the Campus Police, Student Code of Conduct, and the Health & Wellness web pages.

    • Campus Security Policies, Crime Statistics and Crime Log

      The annual security report provides information regarding crime statistics, policies for students and others to report criminal actions or other emergencies, and other important information regarding the college’s law enforcement. Printed copies are available from Campus Police. The report can also be found on the Campus Police.

    • Retention Rate

      Information about retention rates can be found on the Department of Education College Navigator website.

    • Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data - Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act

      Teams at Joliet Junior College are governed by the rules and guidelines of the National Junior College Athletic Association and the N4C conference. For more information visit the Athletics web page. Further information related to participation rates and athletics data required by the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) can be found on the Department of Education website.

  • Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

    Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
    SAP Instruction Sheet
    SAP Appeal Form

    Video Tutorials

    Watch the video on an overview of SAP
    Watch the video on how to make a SAP appeal 


    Appeal Process

    The Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Committee will make a decision about your appeal during their regular meetings, which occur the first Tuesday of every month. Please turn in your complete appeal to the Financial Aid Office by the Wednesday prior to their meeting date.

    Appeal Deadlines to be Reimbursed for the Current Semester

    Fall Semester
    Submit your appeal by the Wednesday before the October SAP meeting.

    Spring Semester
    Submit your appeal by the Wednesday before the March SAP meeting. 

    Summer Semester
    Submit your appeal by the Wednesday before the July SAP meeting.

Additional Information