The Student Development departments provide services and programs which support the academic mission of the institution through a focus on enrollment, retention and student success. The initiatives and activities of the division support the strategic goals of the college, in particular:
- Improve student success with an emphasis on enrollment, retention, graduation, and transfer rates and effective teaching strategies and learning outcomes.
- Utilize technology strategically to advance teaching and learning, expand online and alternative delivery methods, and enable effective administrative and support services.
- Improve the success of minority, underrepresented and underprepared student populations in addition to closing the gap between high school and college performance.
We strive to treat each student as an individual and to model JJC's core values in the delivery of our programs and services. These values include respect, integrity, collaboration, humor and well-being, innovation and quality.
We hope that you have a positive and successful experience at Joliet Junior College. We look forward to assisting you on your journey.
Student Development is comprised of the following areas:
- Academic Intervention and Support
- Title III
- Romeoville Campus
- Tutoring & Learning Center
- Testing Services
- Academic Intervention and Communication Center
- Enrollment Management
- Admissions & Recruitment
- Financial Aid/Veterans
- Records & Transcripts
- Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Photo ID Services
- Office of Student Activities
- Holistic Wellness
- Student Success
- Disability Services
- Career Services
- Counseling & Advising
- Multicultural Student Affairs
- Project Achieve/Student Support Services