Message to Employers
Thank you for your interest in partnering with JJC Career Services for your employment needs. Our vision is to be the first choice for recruitment. Creating and maintaining employer relations is an integral part of that vision. We work directly with employers like you to identify candidates who meet your organization’s specific needs. We invite you to explore our extensive employer services. Your business can benefit from free online job postings, annual job fairs, on-campus recruitment, internships and more.
Our experienced team makes it a priority to provide resources that will assist students and alumni with career planning, professional skills and employment objectives. Your partnership with us will make a difference to our campus community. Thank you for your consideration.
For an employer to be qualified to participate in Employer events sponsored by Career Services at Joliet Junior College, the organization must meet Employer Qualifications:
- Employers must adhere to federal and Illinois state EEO guidelines.
- Employers must not involve solicitation, posting of materials, or sale of products or services.
- Employers and individuals offering employment/entrepreneurial opportunities requiring prospective employees to purchase a franchise or products or services up front are not permitted.
- Employers where compensation is based exclusively on fee/percentage of sales from others under their sponsorship in the organization, are not permitted. This does not apply to fees for Federal and State licensing requirements such as real estate, securities, etc.
- Multilevel marketing companies do not have access to any recruiting opportunities sponsored by the Career Services Center.
- JJC Career Services Center does not allow recruiting or posting for individual home services such as babysitting, elder care, lawn maintenance.
- JJC Career Services Center reserves the right to approve or deny access to recruiting opportunities sponsored by Career Services.
If interested, please contact the Career Services at (815) 280-2756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Job Posting Information
- Approved third-party staffing and commission-based organizations will be able to post jobs but will not have resume search approval.
Employer Job Fair Information
JJC Regional College and Career Fair
Please visit our main page for registration links and more information.
Joliet Regional College and Career Fair - All-purpose job fair open to the public. Visit our Joliet Regional Job Fair page for more information. This job fair will take place on April 27, 2023.
"An internship is a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths; and give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent." --National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
Internship Testimonial :"Last fall, I had my first experience using Career Services at Joliet Junior College. Being an alumna myself and having a son currently attending the college, I feel strongly about the education and services that the college has to offer. Using Career Services helped me as a human resources manager to hire an intern who we in turn hired full time after the internship was through. What a great way to hire an employee! It was a win-win situation for us and we would be happy to return to Career Services in the future when the need arises." - Linda A. Sachaschik, Human Resources Manager, Nu Mark Credit Union
Benefits of an Internship
- Enhance your resume with career related experience
- Learn more about a chosen industry or career field
- Become more knowledgeable about general work functions
- Build contacts for future job searches
- Potentially earn college credit and/or a salary
- Current Joliet Junior College student
- One semester completed at Joliet Junior College prior to applying
- In good academic standing (2.0 or better GPA) and good standing with the Dean of Students
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
* Please note: Employers and faculty advisers may have additional requirements.
Please email email@example.com or call 815-280-2756
Can a student get paid for an internship?
Some internships are paid, but every employer and opportunity is different. Job postings will typically indicate whether or not the internship is a paid or unpaid experience.
How can a student find an internship?
Students interested in an internship should meet with their academic advisor and/or contact the Career Services Center at (815) 280-2756, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can an employer find an intern?
Internships allow employers to preview potential full-time employees or have a reliable, conscientious source for short-term projects. Employers interested in internship opportunities should contact the Employer Relations Coordinator at (815) 280-2762 or email email@example.com.
Can a student earn credit for an internship?
Career Services is not an academic department and is not authorized to award academic credit. Consult with your academic adviser to determine if an internship is required for your degree program. As a JJC student, it is your responsibility to arrange academic credit through your academic adviser. A list of academic advisers can be found on the JJC's Adviser Information page. You can discuss internship opportunities with either your academic adviser or Career Services.
More information and guidelines
See NACE's Position Paper on U.S. Internships