SPRING CLASSES RESTART ONLINE
Spring classes and services restart the week of March 29 online only. Details are available on jjc.edu.
March 25, 2020 02:50:34
|Address:||414 Arthur Avenue|
|Employment Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
|Job Location:||Morris, IL|
|Job Title:||Retail Clerk|
|Over 18 Required:||Yes|
|Shift:||1st, 2nd, 3rd|
his role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision, and Values, on behalf of Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois. The Retail Clerk functions in various capacities within the retail location such as cashier, producer of wares, textiles, books or jewelry, donation door attendant, floor attendant, and customer service. The ideal candidate is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and displays a positive attitude when interacting with customers and employees.
The responsibilities, work schedule, qualifications, physical demands and work environment summarized here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following outlines the various roles and responsibilities of retail clerks.
• Provides excellent customer service by accurately ringing up customer orders and maintaining a balanced drawer, professionally and quickly accepting donations from customers and maintaining a clean and clear donation door, and identifying top sellers and managing a clean, organized, sales-effective display.
• Provides general information about Goodwill programs to educate customers and answer questions.
• Educates customers on current Goodwill promotions, including the rewards program.
• Follows all cash handling procedures and protocols.
• Maintains cleanliness and organization of sales floor, parking lot and areas throughout the location. (Purge, colorize, run racks, merchandise, label, put away carts, stock shelves, clean lavatories, clean dressing rooms and everything in its place).
• Stays abreast of company procedures by successfully passing all quizzes.
• Provides exceptional customer experience by sorting various products to identify quality and properly barbing, tagging, hanging, purging, scanning and shipping.
• Accurately groups products together.
• Updates daily production tracking sheet.
• Utilizes good judgment in pricing and properly tagging items in accordance with Goodwill pricing.
• Quickly and accurately sorts products, scan or label and distributes to appropriate areas.
• Properly prints inventory sheets, and packs, seals, and ships totes or items as assigned.
• Checks each rack to ensure quality and value.
• Properly colorizes and merchandises sales floor. Purges sales floor.
• Maintains Goodwill dress code requirements and adherence to store scheduling.
• In addition to the general qualifications listed above, physical demands for this position will includ regular use of a pallet jack, double stacker or other heavy equipment.
• Adherence to all safety standards.
• A minimum of two years of high school education. Related experience and/or training a plus.
• Must be at least 16 years of age.
• Perform basic math functions to collect money and make change. Effective to good reading, writing and math skills relative to the role.
• Displays a positive attitude when interacting with customers and employees. Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work with the public in a courteous and professional manner.
• Team player, solid work ethic and adherence to procedures and protocol, including adherence to the Goodwill’s principles.
• Strong attention to detail and quality of work, including safety awareness.
• Good time-management skills.
• Must be able to bend, stand, stretch, grip, type and carry for long periods of time
• Position requires carrying items in excess of 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to view a computer screen regularly.
|Lift 25+ lbs (unassisted):||No|
|Lift 50+ lbs (unassisted):||No|
|To be Considered:||Apply Online|
|Back to Job Board|