There are several ways to register for courses at JJC – in person, telephone, during a group advising session (required by new full-time students), or MyJJC. You can register for Fall, Spring or Summer.
Priority Registration allows students who are currently enrolled in credit courses, in the prior semester (excluding Summer), to register before the General Registration date.
- Students using Online Registration for any semester must have an active JJC email account.
- Priority Registration will be through eResources only.
Students who have Restrictions or Financial obligations or who have withdrawn from all current semester classes are not eligible.
Student transfer hours from other institutions will count toward the total number of hours used to determine which priority registration section the student qualifies. In order for transfer hours to be evaluated in time for priority registration students must complete the steps outlined on the transcript evaluation before March 1 for Fall and September 1 for Spring. No exceptions will be made for transcripts turned in for evaluation after the deadline dates.
Any questions about the transcript evaluation process please contact the Academic Credentials Office by email at email@example.com or by calling by phone at 815-280-2803.
All other inquiries about Priority Registration should be directed to the Registration Office, in A-1020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Registration is for students who are attending JJC for the first time, who are not currently enrolled but have previously attended JJC and are resuming studies and for students who are transferring from another college or university.
Important Reminder: Once you have registered for your classes you will need to pay for them before the deadlines. See the payment information page, for the semester in which you are enrolled, for more information.
Every class has its own refund and drop date. Please visit the refund policy page for more information on withdrawal, refunds and appeals.
How to Register
Learn about the different methods of registration at Joliet Junior College.
Group advising is required of all new full-time students. It is also highly recommended for new part time students. To schedule a group advising session, see the new students page. You must bring the following to the session:
- A copy of your Placement Test results
- Your JJC username and password (see the password help page if you need this information)
- The certificate verifying your reservation for the group session
- A photo ID in order to obtain your JJC student ID
- A copy of your high school transcripts (if registering for a college-level math course)
Please plan to remain for at least 2-1/2 hours to complete the entire group process.
Available to returning students (full and part time) and new part-time students. In-person registration is available at the following locations:
- Main Campus Center
- Morris Education Center
- Romeoville Campus
Special office hours for holidays will be posted, as well as extended hours and closed holidays.
Operator Assisted Phone
Available to returning students (full and part time) and new part-time students.
- Joliet and surrounding areas: (815) 744-2200 (External Use Only)
- Extension 2479 (For internal use only)
- Lockport: (815) 838-2174
- Bolingbrook, Romeoville and Lemont areas: (630) 679-9479
- Crete, Orland Park and Tinley Park: (708) 367-1647
- Morris and surrounding areas: (815) 942-4580
- Other communities in the college district: (800) 369-2200. (This toll-free number is for registration only. Your call cannot be transferred to other offices.)
Once you have a JJC email address and Student ID, you are able to register for courses through MyJJC, which is accessible through our intranet. Instructions on how to register will be available there.
Special Office Hours
The Saturday before first day of Fall/Spring semester 9:00am – 2:00pm
(Time subject to change)
Spring Break week (Monday-Friday) 8:00am - 4:30pm