- Every course has its own refund date and drop date. These dates are reflected on the student's schedule/billing notice or KIOSK printout. Students are responsible for knowing these dates.
- Drops, by all Registration methods, must be processed by the close of the business day.
- Refund dates vary according to the type and length of the course. Check with the Registration Office.
|Courses||For a 100% REFUND, must be|
|Meeting 7 or more weeks||Within the first 10 calendar days of the beginning of the course|
|Meeting 6 weeks or less||First 2 calendar days of the beginning of the course|
|Specialized Programs* (e.g. EMS, **FSCI, NURS, VET, NA, CPR)||1 business day prior to start of the course|
|Offered by the Corporate and Community Services||3 calendar days prior to start of the course|
|Nurse Assistant (NA) and Lifelong Learning (LLC, LLS) Programs||1 business day prior to start of the course|
*Specialized programs are programs that use selective admissions for making enrollment decisions. They include Emergency Medical Technician (EMS), **Fire Science Technology (FSCI), Nursing (NURS), Veterinary Medical Technology (VET), Nursing Assitant Skills (NA), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS).
**FSCI will be removed from the 'specialized programs' refund category beginning with 2017 Summer semester
A 100% refund will be given for any course cancelled by the college.
Calendar days include weekends. Business days are Monday - Friday only.
- If your refund falls on a non-business day your drop will be honored on the next business day.
- Refunds for short-term or specialized classes may vary; consult your schedule/bill.
- Non-attendance does not constitute a drop in a course nor qualify you for a refund.
- No refunds will be granted when a student is dismissed or suspended from the college for disciplinary reasons
- The college reserves the right to make the final decision on all refunds.
Drop After Refund
Students may withdraw from a course by processing an add/drop form during regular office hours through the Registration Office at Main Campus, Romeoville Campus, or by phone at (815) 744-2200. Please note the drop dates listed on your bill/student schedule. Every course has its own drop date.
Failure to withdraw properly may result in a failing grade or "F" in the course.
No tuition refund will be granted following the refund date. If extenuating circumstances exist (i.e. military activation, death of immediate family member, or a serious medical condition) a student may submit a General Petition Form with supporting documentation to the Registration Office. An appeal does not always result in a refund. Appeals must be made prior to the end of the term in which the late drop occurred.