The Business Department's mission is to provide high quality and innovative courses and programs, along with strong academic and social support for our diverse student population. We prepare tomorrow's business leaders whether they seek transfer to a university bachelor degree program or immediate entry into a business career.
In addition to providing excellence in our courses and programs, the Business Department offers innovative scheduling and course formats to make completing a Business degree more accessible for students. Central to this mission is meeting our responsibilities to the residents and taxpayers of our District who have supported us for over 100 years.
Business courses will help you to:
- Become a leader in your organization and your community
- Improve your consumer skills and plan for your financial success
- Better understand and appreciate national and global economic issues
- Communicate more effectively and persuasively
- Think logically, solve problems and make effective decisions
- Start your own business. Be an entrepreneur. Create jobs.
- Build effective teams and resolve group conflicts.
With a Business Degree, you will have many exciting professional career opportunities in a variety of business and non-business fields.
The Business Department faculty are committed to promoting your success through high quality teaching, effective academic advising and mentoring support.
We encourage you to speak with Business Department faculty about the variety of career options and educational pathways for business students. Take a look at an article from U.S. News & World Report for a description of many leading business occupations.
- Learn more about our online (iCampus) and Hybrid courses (they combine both face-to-face and online instruction into one course)
- Business Transfer Degree Pathway : Associates in Arts (AA) degree
Accelerate Your Degree
The "Accelerate Your Degree" program will allow you to complete your Business Degree in as little as 18 months going full-time or 24 months part-time. Many certificates can be completed in as little as one semester. Classes are available in traditional, on-line, and hybrid formats.
Congratulations, Cameron Grubisich on your successful internship at Walt Disney World! After two semesters with the Disney College Program, Cameron Grubisich will be returning to Illinois. The JJC Business Department is proud of Cameron and all of our students who intern in this magical place working for a Fortune 100 company. Not only is the Disney College Program a great experience for JJC students, but it also provides a great addition to a professional resume. To learn more about the Disney College Program and other internships, contact Professor Michelle Meyer in the JJC Business Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our internships opportunities include: