On-Campus Student Employment

*Student Employment Job Postings have moved*

To view and apply to on-campus jobs, visit the JJC Employment page.

Instructions on How to Apply for On-Campus Jobs

Student Employment Information

Student employment supports Joliet Junior College's academic mission and is designed to integrate and develop the educational and career goals of participating students. The student employment program provides valuable work experience and develops transferable skills that can be utilized in your career long after graduation.

  • Student Employment Eligibility

    • Must be a current JJC student.
    • Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at JJC per semester.
    • Must maintain satisfactory academic progress (minimum 2.0 GPA, not on academic probation and in good standing at JJC).
    • May not work as a part-time JJC employee and a student worker at the same time.
    • Student employees may have more than one on-campus position, but cannot work more than a total of 20 hours per week.

  • Benefits of Student Employment

    • Connection to full-time staff interested in your success as a student.
    • Employers tend to be more flexible with your hours and understand that being a student comes first.
    • Gain experience in a variety of areas, possibly within your major.
    • Develop professional relationships that can lead to letters of support/recommendation.
    • Get to know other students.
    • Earn money to help pay your expenses!

  • Federal Work Study (FWS)

    The federal work-study (FWS) program provides the opportunity for students who demonstrate financial need through the FAFSA to seek part-time student employee positions through Joliet Junior College. Federal work-study students who are hired by departments are paid through the college with federal funds every two weeks. The work-study award may appear on a students' financial aid award letter if they indicated interest when filling out the FAFSA.

    The Financial Aid Office determines who is eligible for FWS . If the award does not appear on your award letter, contact the Financial Aid Office to ask if you may be eligible for this program.  Students who are not eligible for federal work-study may also work as student employees and are paid with college funds.