JJC is here to help. Those in need of the technology to complete their classes can now formally request to borrow a laptop through the Laptop Borrowing Program.
Students must be currently enrolled in at least one credit-bearing course and have no holds on their JJC account to be eligible to borrow a laptop. The laptop must be returned or renewed at the end of each semester. Devices are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Request to Borrow a Laptop
- Call the Romeoville Campus Learning Resource Center (LRC) at (815) 280-7780 to see if you are eligible to borrow a laptop.
- Visit the Romeoville LRC with your JJC Photo ID. If you don't have a JJC Photo ID, you will be issued one at the LRC prior to borrowing a laptop. In this case, please bring a government-issued ID in order to receive a JJC Photo ID. The Romeoville Campus is located at 1125 West Romeo Road (135th Street) in Romeoville. The LRC is in Room RMB-1080. It is recommended that you arrive no later than 30 minutes before close.
- At the LRC, you will complete the Laptop Borrowing Application and a JJC Laptop Loan Contract.
- Each semester, you may renew your device as long as you:
- meet eligibility rules
- complete a new Laptop Borrowing application
- sign a new JJC Laptop Loan Contract
Borrowers must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current JJC student enrolled in classes (minimum 1 credit hour)
- Have a JJC student ID, state ID or driver's license
- Must have internet access or the ability to get internet access
- Have the ability to pick up the device from JJC's Romeoville Campus
- Agree to sign a JJC Laptop Loan Contract
How to pay for a lost or damaged device:
- Payments for lost or damaged devices can be made in person or online.
- To make a payment in person, please go to the Student Accounts Office, tell them you are making a payment for a lost or damaged device. Please give Student Accounts the following number so that your payment can be placed in the correct account: 05-23104-499.000.
- To make a payment online, please click on the link below labeled Laptop Payment.
Questions? Call (815) 280-7780.Laptop Payment