NSO is an important first step towards college success.
Students, parents, and supporters are welcome to complete NSO. Here you will learn about our academic programs, support services, policies, and procedures. After completing the New Student Online Presentation, you will then attend an on-campus New Student Group Advising Session where you learn to navigate your student account, meet with an Orientation Advisor to plan your first semester, and register for classes.
Main Campus Map
Preparing for New Student Orientation
To successfully prepare for New Student Orientation, please follow the steps below:
Complete an Admissions Application. Please note it can take up to 48 hours for the college to process your application.
Submit high school or appropriate equivalency transcripts to the Admissions Office
Take all Placement Testing or submit appropriate placement scores.
Congratulations, you are now ready for New Student Orientation!
Completing New Student Orientation
Brand New College Students
If you have never attended college before OR you have completed less than 12 credits from another college or university, you are considered a brand new college student.
Brand new full-time college students and those part-time students seeking first semester advising, are required to complete NSO. Complete the following steps:
Once you completed the Preparing for New Student Orientation steps above, continue to the New Student Presentation. This presentation can be viewed anytime and on any mobile device or PC.
Attend an on-campus New Student Group Advising Session.
- Sessions are on a first come first serve basis and fill quickly. Limited seats are available so sign up early.
- Absolutely NO walk-in students will be accepted, you must sign up online.
- For privacy and spacing reasons only students are invited to the advising and registration portion of on-campus sessions.
- Students needing accommodations should contact Disability Services directly for advising after completing the online NSO presentation.
New Students with Earned Credit
New Students with 12 or more earned credits from another college or university need to complete the following steps:
Once you completed the Preparing for New Student Orientation steps above, continue to the New Student Presentation. This presentation can be viewed anytime and on any mobile device or PC. You can also return at anytime to review the information.
Print your First Semester Advising Pass.
Contact Counseling for a first semester advising appointment.
Parent and Supporter Orientation
Here at JJC we are dedicated to your student's growth, safety, and success! We understand that college is a significant transition not only for new students, but also for family members. As a parent or supporter you may have many questions or concerns as your student gets started. Learn about valuable resources that will help your student stay on track:
- This presentation can be viewed anytime and on any mobile device or PC. You can also return at anytime to review the information.
- Once you have completed the online presentation you are invited to attend an on-campus New Student Group Advising Session with your student.
- Parents and supporters will attend a questions and answer sessions while your student meets with an Advisor.
- Due to privacy and spacing reasons only students are able to attend the advising and registration portion of on-campus sessions.
Having Trouble Logging In?
- For some login screens you may be required to use only your JJC username (johndoe2) and not your full JJC email. If you do not know your JJC username/password look it up.
- Note that it takes the college up to 48 hours after you complete your application to generate your username and password.
- If you receive a blank page after logging in, you have entered your password in incorrectly. Please re-enter your information or try re-setting your password..
- Make sure the CAPS lock is not on when entering your username.
- Your password is case sensitive.
- If you have pop-up/cookie blockers installed you may need to turn them off in order to access the online presentation.
- For all other technical issues please contact the Student Tech Support hotline at (866) 281-3638.
- The Office of First Year Experience is unable to resolve technical issues. You must contact Tech Support.