JJC’s Industrial Maintenance Technology program was developed in partnership between the college and maintenance professionals from the local area to educate skilled technicians to fill the void left by an aging workforce. Multi-disciplined workers are needed to ensure companies can compete in the global marketplace.
What Will I Learn?
Graduates of the IMT program work in varied industries including, but not limited to, petrochemical, manufacturing, education and medical. Some critical skills learned include performing equipment alignments, replacing seals in pumps, repairing air compressors, designing and installing piping systems, troubleshooting fluid power systems, tensioning v-belts, installing gear reducers, operating end mills and lathes, and troubleshooting industrial electrical circuits.
What Degree / Certificate Will I Receive?
- Industrial Maintenance Technology, AAS
- Industrial Maintenance Technology, CAC
- Industrial Maintenance Technology, CCO
- Integrated Systems, CCO (This certificate covers several technical disciplines. Please speak with a faculty adviser to learn more about it.)
What is Unique About Our IMT Program?
Students will get hands-on experience using industry-standard equipment they are likely to find on the job, taught by instructors that are experts in their respective areas while bringing real-world applications to the college classroom.
What Are My Career Opportunities?
This career field is expected to grow 16% through 2024. IMT graduates will gain valuable experience in areas such as:
- Power transmission
- Computerized maintenance systems
- Industrial wiring & troubleshooting
- Pneumatics & hydraulics
- Pipefitting & rigging
- Rotating equipment & alignment