Automated manufacturing can be complex because it uses mechanical, electrical and computer technologies, and JJC's program will prepare students to troubleshoot, repair and complete preventative maintenance on these complex automated systems.
What Will I Learn?
Students in JJC’s EEAS program learn how to operate automation equipment using minimal human contact. Warehousing, utilities, petrochemical refineries, manufacturing and food processing all require highly skilled technicians who know how to run robotic machines efficiently.
What Degree or Certificate Will I Receive?
- Electrical/Electronic Automated Systems Technology, AAS
- Integrated Systems, CCO (This certificate covers several technical disciplines. Please speak with a faculty adviser to learn more about it.)
- Automated Controls & Robotics, Certificate of Completion
What is Unique About Our EEAS Program?
JJC's EEAS program is well respected by industry professionals in our local community. Many local employers call on JJC instructors when jobs open. JJC alumni work as production technicians or electrical maintenance technicians.
JJC is a partner with Rockwell Automation’s Educational Support program, allowing classroom labs to duplicate real-world scenarios and applications, such as how to set up a conveyor.
What Are My Career Opportunities?
Many JJC EEAS students obtain full-time positions and average $25 an hour during their last semester. Employers have shared that many graduates double their salary in a few years due to others retiring in this field and an increased demand for highly-trained technicians. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for electronics technicians is $61,130.
Take a look at the following positions our graduates can obtain below:
- Control Technicians
- Industrial Maintenance
- Electrical Maintenance Technicians
- Production Technicians
- Maintenance Technicians
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) Programmers
- Automation Technicians
- Instrument Technicians
- Electrical Designers
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers
- Robotics Technicians
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians
- Manufacturing Engineering Technicians