An incredible career opportunity is waiting for you with Cisco. Technology is changing the world by connecting billions of devices and improving how we live, work, play and treat our planet.
Interested in career advancement or changing professions? The Cisco program prepares students for the 21st century while serving as a model for successful interactive learning. Starting is easy: the Cisco program introduces technology from the ground-up, so no experience is necessary to start, and there are no prerequisites to begin.
What Will I Learn?
JJC's Cisco program provides exposure to a broad cross-section of computer and network security topics. The Cisco CCNA Security program at JJC provides training that is also recognized by the United States National Security Agency (NSA). The program includes hands-on experience using tools and equipment to provide businesses and governments both secure and reliable communication systems. Protection of assets inclusive of malware containment and mitigation and other types of cyber-attacks are also covered.
Students can expect in our program:
- Experienced instructors teaching in classroom
- Rigorous, engaging courses and online content
- Individual instruction and independent study
- Personalized assessment feedback
- Hands-on experience in labs working collaboratively and individually
- Preparation for industry-recognized certifications
- Pathways to higher education and careers
- Access to global IT support communities, career tools, and social networking
Benefits for students include:
- Students receive feedback through comprehensive assessments. They discover quickly what they’ve learned and what they need to review.
- Students build and troubleshoot real networks with access to trained instructors as needed.
- This encourages teamwork and enhances problem solving abilities.
- Students graduate from the program with a marketable skill that has been tested and evaluated prior to their first day on the job.
- The Networking Academy Facebook site has hundreds of thousands of fans from around the world, connecting with and supporting each other.
What is Unique About Our Program?
Our training is backed by the training resources of Cisco Corporation, the largest cyber security and networking company in the world. The Cisco pathway provides students with a diverse education in computers and networking with education in the following areas: Cloud, Security, Wireless, Cyber Operations, Collaboration voice and video, Routing & Switching and advanced protocols.
The program also provides students with the opportunity to prepare for numerous highly regarded industry certifications from industry leaders such as: Cisco, CompTIA, Rackspace Cloud University and Certified Wireless Networking Professional. These include certification prep classes on: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), CompTIA Cloud Essentials, Rack Space Cloud U, CCNA-Collaboration, CCNA-Security, Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCNET), and Wireless Certification.
Students may optionally also elect substitutions to obtain the Cisco Cyber Ops CCNA- Cyber Ops, and Linux Professional Institute Linux Essentials Certification. These certifications provide students with an additional way to demonstrate their skills and knowledge to potential employers.
What Degree / Certificate Will I Receive?
- Information Technology, Networking, AAS
- Cisco Networking Security, CCO
- Cisco Voice/Wireless/Security, CCO
What are my Career Opportunities?
Career pathways are numerous, with salaries in Chicago over six figures for experienced engineers. According to indeed.com experienced network engineers are being offered $110,000 to $140,000 in Chicago.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that this field will be one of the fastest growing occupations during the coming decade. Job prospects in this field are excellent, especially since these jobs are less likely to be outsourced.
- Cyber security analyst
- Security operations center engineer
- Cloud Engineer
- Firewall Engineer
- Support Technician
- Network Support Technician
- Network Administrator
- Network Security Architect
- Systems Integrator
- Voice and Wireless Engineer
“I received a job offer at a cyber security company in downtown Chicago. This offer is more than doubled the salary I have for my current job. Thank you for working so hard to educate us in the Cisco Academy because if it wasn't for the technical skills I received from there I wouldn't have either contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin or passed the technical interview. Aside from the necessary basics that one should know from Cisco 101 & 102, I greatly benefited from your Cisco CCNA Security class. It was my entry level knowledge of the ASA firewalls & IPSEC VPN's that helped me get this Associate Network Security Engineer position. Without that experience and knowledge I would not have been considered for this position. ”
- Thomas J. Case