The Joliet Regional Job Fair is a collaborative effort among Joliet Junior College Career Services and Workforce Development departments, Will County Workforce Services and Illinois Department of Employment Security.
Date: May 23, 2018
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Location: Joliet Junior College, Main Campus Event Center
This event is free to job seekers and open to the public.
Register Your Company
Register your company for the Joliet Regional Job Fair and meet face-to-face with hundreds of potential candidates.
- Quality candidates with diverse skills and experiences for part-time and full-time employment
- Internship and volunteer candidates for short-term opportunities
- All candidates will come prepared with a resume
- Advertising throughout greater Chicago-land area
- Company information in Guidebook and on JJC web site
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Low registration fee
- Lunch provided
Various levels of tax-deductible sponsorship opportunities are available to employers participating in the Joliet Regional Job Fair. Sponsorship will help your company gain extensive visibility and will be instrumental in assisting the Career Services Center with providing quality programs and services to JJC students and community members. Please review the chart below to learn more about sponsorship opportunities and benefits.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Joliet Regional Job Fair, please indicate which level while registering.
PLATINUM - $750 (limit 3) GOLD - $500 (limit 6) SILVER - $250 (unlimited) All SILVER benefits plus: All SILVER benefits plus: Benefits:
Full page color job fair guidebook ad
Half page color job fair guidebook ad (gold level only) Company logo in job fair guidebook Recognition on job fair digital signage Premiere parking space for 2 reps Recognition on job fair website Concourse table display showcase* Two additional lunches at no cost Recognition on job fair signage and promotional materials On-site interview space during fair Premier booth location
* Sponsorships include the $100 registration fee.
To be qualified as an employer to use Career Services:
- Employers must adhere to federal and Illinois state EEO guidelines.
- Employers must not involve solicitation, posting of materials, or sale of products or services.
- Employers and individuals offering employment/entrepreneurial opportunities requiring prospective employees to purchase a franchise or products or services up front are not permitted.
- Employers where compensation is based exclusively on fee/percentage of sales from others under their sponsorship in the organization, are not permitted. This does not apply to fees for Federal and State licensing requirements such as real estate, securities, etc.
- Multilevel marketing companies do not have access to any recruiting opportunities sponsored by the Career Services Center.
- JJC Career Services Center does not allow recruiting or posting for individual home services such as babysitting, elder care, lawn maintenance.
- JJC Career Services Center reserves the right to approve or deny access to recruiting opportunities sponsored by Career Services.
Please check Employer Qualifications before registering (see tab above).
Job Seeker Information
On the hunt for a new job? Find your next big opportunity at the Joliet Regional Job Fair! Network with local employers from a variety of industries and apply for positions in almost any field. RESUME AND PROFESSIONAL ATTIRE REQUIRED
Listed below are the job fair participant's for last year. The 2018 employers will be listed soon. Please check back.
COMPANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE Accurate Personnel Fork lift; Reach Truck; General Labor; Order Pickers; EPJ Operators; Clerical Adams and Associates CSIO; Residential Assistant Full-time and Part-time Medical Assistant positions available. Aflac Independent Benefits Coordinators Alden Estates of Shorewood Various positions. ALDI's Filling positions in Joliet, Plainfield and Bolingbrook: Store Associates & Shift Managers All Star Management Inc. AKA: Wendy's Management; Crew Members AMR Consulting RN's; LPN's; CNA's Archer Wire Machine Operator Armacell Maintenance Technician ARS/Rescue Rooter HVAC Service Technician; HVAC Installer; HVAC Installer Helper; Licensed Plumber; Retail Lead Generator Aryzta Various positions ASG Staffing Warehouse General Labor Azimuth LLC Various Positions Barton Staffing Forklift; Assembly; General Labor; Pallet Jack Behavioral Staffing FT and PT Early Childhood Teachers; Special Education Teachers and other Various Positions Bethesda Lutheran Communities Direct Support Specialists Bickford Assisted Living & Memory Care RN's; LPN's; Prep Cook Bridges Moving and Cleaning PT Moving and Cleaning Professionals Bright Horizons Family Solutions Various Positions BrightStar Care of Naperville RN's; LPN's; CNA's Brookdale Senior Living Solutions RN's; LPN's; CNA's C&W Services Mechanical Technicians; Electrical Technicians Cadence Premier Logistics Dispatchers; Mechanics Cardno Seasonal Team Members CAVO Broadband Communications, LLC Installation and Repair CGC Management, LLC/Hotel Arista/City Gate Grill Various Positions Chicago Tube and Iron Laser Operator
Early Childhood Teachers, Teacher Assistants and Type 04 Teachers.
CHS Elburn Agronomy Operations; Agronomy Sales; Seed Sales; Grain Operations; Grain Merchandising & Procurement; Logistics Cintas Corporation Garment Hanger/Inspector 2nd shift; Garment Sorter 2nd shift; Assistant Service Sales Representative. Conduent Customer Service Representative Consumer Portfolio Services Positions in Collections Cook County Sheriff's Merit Board Cook County Sheriff's Correctional Officer CoWorx Staffing Forklift; Machine Operators; General Warehouse Associates Crane Composites Production Worker; Customer Service Representative; Inside Sales Representative; Lab Technician Crown Lift Trucks Shop Service Technician; Field Service Technician; Batter & Charger Technician Crown Services, Inc. Receptionist; Data Entry; Administrative Assistant; Sales Support Delta Sonic Car Wash Manager Trainees; Technicians; Cahiers/Wash Sales Advisors DHL Supply Chain Forklift Operators; Material Handlers; Group Lead Inventory Clerk; Shuttle Driver Class A Digital Forces Corporation Web Developer; Level II Network Engineer; Electronic Engineer/Electronic Tech DNS Exterior Inc. Construction Sales DRF Trusted Property Solutions Customer Service Reps; Inside Sales Reps; Sales Supervisor; Billing Clerk; Account Manger Dukane Precast, Inc. Quality Control Inspectors; Safety Coordinator; Estimating Administrator,; CAD/Drafter; Property Manager; Research and Development Engineer Edward Don & Company Variety of Positions Emerson Automation Solutions - Fisher Lifecycles Services Valve Technician; Machinists
Employment and Employer Services @ Workforce Center of Will County
Forklift Operators; Warehouse Associates
Family Heritage Sales; Management Fastenal Sales Support FCA Floor Covering Associates Interior Designers; Sales Associates, Warehouse and Office Support Staff. FedEx PT Package Handlers; Loading and Unloading Packages. First Staff Services Machine Operators; Assemblers; Material Handlers; CNA's; General Laborers; Office and Administrative Support. Frito Lay Route Sales Representative; Merchandiser; Detailer Gateway Foundation Residential Substance Abuse Counselors; Cooks Geodis Inventory Specialists; Warehouse Operators; Leader in Training Get Power Now Generator Technician Greater Joliet Area YMCA Lifeguard GreenScape Services Lawn Maintenance; Landscape Construction Growmark, Inc. Various Positions Help At Home Home Care Aids; DCFS drivers; Direct Care Staff H&R Block Seasonal Tax Preparers Hollywood Blvd. Cinema Servers; Bartenders; Kitchen Staff Hollywood Casino Busperson; Barporter; Bartender; Cocktail Server; Cooks; Deli Service Worker; Housekeeping; Receiving Clerk Home Instead Senior Care CNA's Home Owners Bargain Outlet (HOBO) Retail Assistant Store Managers; Front End Supervisor; Department Supervisors; Salespeople Homewatch Caregivers Home Caregivers; CNA's; Companions; Personal Care HR Metrics Various Positions Illinois Valley Industries Direct Support Person Indian Oaks Academy Special Education Teacher; Art Teacher; Substitute Teacher; Teaching Assistant; Intense Education Specialist; Therapist; Case Manager/TLP Case Manager; Night Supervisor Jewel-Osco Store Manager Trainees; Department Manager Trainees Joliet Fire Department Firefighter positions Joliet Staffing, LLC EPJ; Forklift; Clamp; Reach; Janitorial; Production Joliet Township High School District 204 Teaching; Assistant Principal; Guidance Counselor; Social Worker; Family Engagement Liaisons; IEP Manager; Alternative Program Facilitator Joliet Junior College Various Positions Kataaro Computer Programmers; Web Site Development; Design/CAD and other various positions. Kelly Services 2nd Shift Warehouse Lexington Health Network CNA's; LPN's; RN's Lockport IL Board of Police Commissioners Police Officers Lloyd Agencies Management and Customer Service Macy's Logistics and Operations Various warehouse positions Magid Customer Service; Finance; Credit; Contract Management; Consignment; Supply Chain; Marketing and Sales Mariano's Various Positions McDonald's Team Members Medulla, LLC Customer Engagement Representative; Retail Representative; Chiropractic Technician; Doctor of Chiropractic MicroTrain Technologies Customer Service Monarch Landing Full-time and Part-time CNA's; Dining Services - Line cooks, short order cooks; Utility Workers Nalco - An Ecolab Company Assemblers NAPA Auto Parts Retail Sales Associate Neovia Logistics Forklift Operator; Administrative Clerk; Warehouse Associate Nighthawk Veterinary Clinic Various positions Northern Illinois Academy Residential Counselor Oasis Medical Services CNA's Office of the State Fire Marshall Fire Prevention Inspector; Boiler Safety Specialist; Storage Tank Safety Specialist; Arson Investigator; Elevator Inspector Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. Various Positions Park Pointe Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Nurses; CNA's; Activity Director; Activity Aides; Dietary; Housekeeping Phillips Chevrolet of Frankfort Various Positions Providence at Home RN's; LPN's; CNA's; Physical Therapists & Assistants; Speech Language Pathologists; Occupational Therapists and Assistants Premiere Employee Solutions General Labor; Customer Service; Fork Lift Operators; Receptionist Premiere Home Health Care Home Health Aids Providence at Home RN's; LPN's; CNA's; Physical Therapists & Assistants; Various other Positions Ralph Schackart CNC Lathe and Mill Operators; CMM Operator/Inspector Ray O'Herron Co., Inc. Counter Sales Person RR Donnelley/Genesis Packaging Press Assistant Operators; Press Operators; Shift Lead; Forklift Operators SAS Retail Services Retail Team Leads; Merchandisers Schilling Sales; Warehouse; Drivers; Purchasing Clerk Schneider Logistics Manual Labor; Order Pickers Sears Logistics Services Customer Service Associates; Forklift Operator Septran Bus Company Drivers Shoup Manufacturing Co., Inc. Customer Service; Manufacturing; Warehouse Skechers Customer Service Professionals; Product Specialists South Chicago Marketing Junior Account Manager Supply Chain Services International Various Positions T-Mobile Customer Service TCF Bank Supervisor; Relationship Banker Terraboost Media LLC Customer Service Professionals; Appointment Setters; Graphic Design Intern Thrivent Financial Independent Contractors Travelers Insurance Claims Investigators Trident University PT Instructors Trinity Services Inc. Independent Living Coach Turano Baking Company Various positions Ulta Maintenance Mechanic United States Cold Storage Warehouse Supervisor UPS Various positions Volt Workforce Solutions Various shift warehouse workers; Forklift Drivers; Quality Control; Pickers; Merchandising; Shipping and Receiving W.W. Grainger PT Warehouse Distribution Associates Walgreens Shift Lead; Pharmacy Tech West Liberty Foods General Production; Machine Operators; Maintenance Workers Window Works Sales Reps; Canvassers; Call Center/Customer Service; Warehouse
- RESUME IS REQUIRED to be admitted. Come prepared with several copies. Links to sample resumes below.
- JJC students and alumni can attend. Resume Walk-in Hours:
- May 14th - May 17th from 10am-2pm in the Career Services Center, A1175
- Dress Professionally as you would for an interview.
- Review the web sites of the employers to learn more about the companies listed below, and make a list of those you want to meet.
- Only job seekers with resumes will be admitted. Please, no guests.
Day of the Job Fair
- Arrive early and attend our 12:00pm presentation in the upper level presentation room. Learn how to successfully navigate a job fair and make a great impression with employers.
- For more tips, see below.
Before the Fair
- Prepare for the job fair at the Job Fair Kickoff:
- Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2018
- Location: JJC Main Campus, on the Bridge
- This event is free and open to the public. Attend the Kickoff to receive resume writing assistance, practice introducing yourself to professional HR recruiters, get professional dress, hair and makeup tips, plus so much more.
- Get Resume Assistance (a resume is required for admittance).
- JJC Students and Alumni: attend Career Services' Resume Assistance Walk in Hours:
- May 14th - May 17th from 10am-2pm in the Career Services Center, A1175
- Residents of Will County: receive resume assistance through Workforce Services of Will County's Mobile Workforce Center and Job Search Workshops.
- Prepare for the job fair at the Job Fair Kickoff:
During the Fair
Steps to Take at the Job Fair
- Dress for an interview. Women: comfortable heels, dress or jacket with dress slacks or skirt. Men: Dress shoes, jacket and slacks.
- Bring 30-to-40 resumes in a portfolio, small briefcase, folder or large envelope. The portfolio also is handy for carrying all the company information, business cards, etc. that you will pick up during the Job Fair.
- Arrive in time to review the information you may be given at the door. Select the companies to visit.
- When you arrive at the company's table you selected, there may be a line. When you get to the front, give a 30-second or less presentation. (For example: "My name is... I'm interested in your organization because... What kind of opportunities might exist for someone like me?" etc.)
- Leave your resume with the company recruiter.
- Make sure you get company information and a business card from all companies of interest to you.
- Take notes on your conversations with company recruiters. It will make your follow-up with employers much easier and also allow you to remember important points of the conversation.
- Within two weeks after the Job Fair, follow-up with email or phone calls to the recruiters to indicate your interest in specific positions or in working for that company. Those who follow up get the jobs!
Making Contact with Employers
Common Questions to Expect from Employers
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why did you choose to attend/not attend college?
- What interested you about our organization?
- Why do you want this position? Why our organization?
- Why do you think that you will be successful in this field?
- What are your short-term goals?
- Tell me about your work experience.
- What three things are most important to you in a job?
- What major problems have you encountered and how did you deal with them?
- Are you willing to travel?
- What are your strengths/weaknesses?
Sample Questions to Ask the Job Fair Employer
- Please describe the positions available in _________.
- What qualifications are important for this position?
- What career paths are available after starting in this position?
- Is relocation/travel required for this position?
- How can I reach you in order to follow-up on this position?
- I have a background in _________. Would this qualify me for your position?
Common Reasons for Rejection
- Poor personal appearance
- Lack of planning for career - no goals or purpose
- Lack of enthusiasm and interest
- Failure to ask questions
- Inability to express yourself clearly, poor voice, diction, grammar
- Timid, lacks sufficient degree of assertiveness
- Unwilling to relocate
- Poor eye contact
- Weak handshake
Increasing Your Effectiveness
Start with a strong handshake and a practiced introduction when meeting your first employer. Direct eye contact is also essential when making a first impression. As you introduce yourself include information such as name, college major, work skills and experience, and date available for employment. The recruiter also may ask about your qualifications as they relate to the position, so be ready to discuss several of your strengths.
Be flexible when targeting your employers of interest and manage your time effectively. There may be long lines for the popular employers, especially at the beginning of the Job Fair. Manage your time by visiting other employers until the lines are shorter. Your time at the Job Fair has been well spent if you have visited at least 12 employers during the course of the day.
Be open-minded. Employers consider your experience and skills, not just your education. Introduce yourself to the employers even if your experience is not in demand. If they are not hiring for your area of expertise, ask them to forward your resume to the appropriate department in their company. It is also helpful to ask for a contact name in order to follow up in the future.
Listen effectively when standing in line for a recruiter. You can learn about the position and the employer by listening to what is being said to the person ahead of you in line. Network with other candidates by exchanging information about employers with whom you have made contact.
Take notes. Accurate information will be needed for follow-ups done after the Job Fair. Make notes on the company listing as well as ask for a business card and company information from the recruiter with whom you are speaking.
After the Fair
Follow up with employers after the job fair. Resumes left behind act as a reminder and reinforce the impression you have made with the recruiter. However, do not rely on the recruiter to contact you after the fair.
Identify at least 5 - 10 positions you would like to learn more about and contact the employer by phone or by sending a thank you letter within two weeks of the Job Fair. Initiative is the key to obtaining an offer from an employer you met at the Job Fair.